BS OHSAS 18001 gap analysis
The onus on you to demonstrate your organisations commitment to management of occupational health and safety is rising.
What is BS OHSAS 18001?
BS OHSAS 18001 is the internationally recognised standard for occupational health and safety management systems.
Why should I consider getting certification?
Certification of your management system to BS OHSAS 18001 confirms a robust approach to the management of health and safety risks, demonstrating:
- better management of health and safety risks through improved processes
- reduced accidents and work related ill-health
- improved safety culture and staff morale
- legal and regulatory compliance
- competitive advantage gained through well-controlled risks
How can we help you achieve OHSAS 18001 certification?
Our five step BS OHSAS 18001 Certification service is designed to closely guide you through the process:
Step 1 – A site visit to find out about you and your plans to gain certification to BS OHSAS 18001, followed by a tailored proposal to map out your path to success.
Step 2 – Undertake a pre-certification gap analysis which will include:
- An explanation of BS OHSAS 18001 and its requirements to your key staff.
- A detailed examination and verification of your existing management systems, comparing them to the BS OHSAS 18001 specification
- A full report summarising our findings and an action plan identifying what you need to do to bring your management system in line with BS OHSAS 18001.
Step 3 - Provide support and guidance as you work through the action plan.
Step 4 - Explain the steps involved and the likely format on the BSI audit day
Step 5 - Keep in touch after certification and offer periodic compliance audits to ensure that your management system remains effective and compliant with the standard.
For further information about this service, please see the following brochure:
When you are embarking on this route, getting the right advice is crucial to success. That’s was why the accrediting body, the British Standards Institution (BSI), created their Associate Consultant Programme. We are proud to be amongst the companies they put forward as having the expertise to offer advice and consultancy to organisations seeking to gain accreditation to BS OHSAS 18001.
To make sure we’re offering you the best possible consultancy solution please call us on 0500 55 99 77 or send us an email and we’ll contact you.
Log in and save this page to your favourites.