- Management Liability cover protects both individuals in the form of Directors and Officers Liability and companies in the form of Employment Practices Liability and Corporate Legal Liability against claims being made against them.
- Potential claimants include shareholders, customers, suppliers, employees, creditors and regulators.
We currently have a broad appetite for:
- Private Companies, Charities and other Not-For-Profit Organisations
- Public Companies
- SME through to FTSE 100 companies in a wide range of industries
- Start Up companies*
- Companies listed on International Exchanges including all levels of ADR*
- Both primary and excess positions.
* (via specialist GCS underwriters)
- Self-service, online product available through our award-winning Fast Trade platform.
- Each section of cover carries a standalone limit of indemnity; this is important as it means that the company cannot have access to insurance ring-fenced for individual directors.
Directors and Officers Liability
- Wide definition of Insured Person
- Outside Directorships: cover is extended to cover appointments to certain outside boards*
- Retired Directors: a discovery period of 72 months1
- Acquisition or Creation of Another Company: automatic cover for Directors of newly created or acquired subsidiaries
- Bodily Injury Defence Costs including Health and Safety Executive prosecution defence and manslaughter proceedings
- Pollution Defence Costs
- Legal Representation Expenses
- Crisis Event Management cover for use of a public relations consultancy to manage a crisis event
- Additional Limits for Insured Persons in the event that all cover available to the Insured Person becomes exhausted and the company is unable to provide indemnity.
Employment Practices Liability
- Legal assistance service helpline
- No deliberate acts exclusion
- Wide employment practice wrongful act definition.
Corporate Legal Liability
- Defence costs for breach of contract claims
- Defence costs for Corporate Manslaughter Proceedings
- Defence costs for copyright infringement claims
- Health and Safety investigation costs
- Defence costs for pollution claims.
* Outside directorships only covered in respect of outside companies: (i) in which the policyholder company holds shares; or (ii) which are tax-exempt non-profit organisations, tax-exempt trade associations or registered charities; and (iii) which have a positive net worth
- Our Directors and Officers Liability cover can be added to a combined commercial policy (excluding Fast Trade) or sold on a standalone basis as part of our Management Liability product.
For more information about Target Market statements please visitmanagement liability.
- To access key documents please log in.
All current documents
To access all current documents please log in.
We work hard to make sure your customers are looked after when they make a claim.Claims contacts and services
- Dedicated handlers.
- UK-based claims team.
- Access to a panel of experts around the UK to support your customers when they need to make a claim.
Log in and save this page to your favourites.