- Provides owners of new commercial or industrial properties with protection against damage caused by a defect in design, workmanship or materials not discovered before the cover commences.
- Core cover includes:
- Damage caused by structural defects and ingress of water
- Remedial work to prevent threat of collapse
- Costs of dismantling, moving, storing and re-erecting property costs
- Professional fees
- Cover can be provided up to 12 years from date of practical completion for the full reinstatement value of your property
- The policy is freely assignable
Property owners, developers, financial institutions, landlords, tenants, leaseholders and contractors. Latent Defects product caters for all ranges of size from small/medium enterprises to global companies.
- Limited insurance market offering this product
- Aviva offer a market leading product with over 25 years experience in this sector
- Specialist, dedicated support team
- Excellent service delivery
Each of the risks submitted to us is individually underwritten.
Therefore it is important that our underwriters are provided with a minimum level of information to enable them to properly consider terms.
In order for us to provide a quotation, we require a completed proposal form.
David Townsend – Latent Defects and Construction Underwriting Manager
Tel: 0207 157 2476
Peter Hunt – Latent Defects Underwriter
E mail: email@example.com
Tel: 0207 157 2898
Sarah Mears – Latent Defects Administration Support
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 0207 662 9780
Group e-mail box: email@example.com
Calls to these numbers may be recorded and/or monitored.
Ask our underwriters about any of these products:
- Contract Works
- Professional Indemnity
For more information about Target Market statements please visitlatent defects.
- To access key documents please log in.
All current documents
To access all current documents please log in.
We recognise the impact a claim can have on your customer’s business. We want to get them back to normal as quickly as possible.Claims contacts and services
Rapid notification of claims.
- Notify new liability claims by e-mail.
- The sooner liability claims are notified, the sooner they can be investigated:
- Witnesses will be easier to locate.
- The incident will be fresh in minds.
- Physical evidence is less likely to have been altered.
- Offer injured parties the ability to report incidents to us before they go to a solicitor.
- UK-based service.
- Experienced and specialist claims experts and liability handlers.
- We’e committed to providing excellent technical quality on each and every claim.
- We offer advice and can work with your clients to manage their accident books.
Log in and save this page to your favourites.