Marine - Freight Liability
Cover can be provided for:
- Limited/Specified Contractual i.e. Road Haulage Association (RHA), British International Freight Association (BIFA), Freight Transport Association (FTA), UK Warehouse Keepers Association (UKWKA)
- Statutory Liability i.e. CMR Convention, Hague-Visby Rules, International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- All Risks Liability
- Common Law Liability – arises when contracts are disputed.
- We provide comprehensive Freight Liability insurance for UK domiciled carriers and bailees, such as hauliers, warehouse-keepers, couriers and freight forwarders, covering their contractual liability for loss or damage to customers’ goods.
- Legal costs in defending claims against your clients in respect of the above
- Unwitting CMR cover - (Conditional they carry goods on)
- Clerical errors and omissions
- Hired-in equipment such as containers and trailers
- Own equipment such as ropes, sheets and the like
- Financial Loss for which your clients are liable following loss or damage to goods in their custody
- Drivers’ personal effects
- Debris removal costs
- Temporary storage
- Temperature controlled goods
- Backed up by a flexible, proactive claims handling service, including a fast-track facility for claims up to £3,000.
- Fleet - Policies that cover haulier or courier fleets
- Motor Trade – If the insured transports vehicles for others
- Commercial Combined (offline) - The Transit section of a CCI policy does not cater for Hauliers so a Freight Liability Policy will be required.
For more information about Target Market statements please visitmarine.
- To access key documents please log in.
All current documents
To access all current documents please log in.
We provide a dedicated claims management service providing help and assistance in progressing your claim.Claims contacts and services
Log in and save this page to your favourites.