Marine - Commercial Hull and Liability
- Our Commercial Hull & Liability wording covers physical loss or damage to the Hull and Machinery.
- Types of vessels considered would be Tugs, Supply Vessels, Barges and Workboats
- Also provides cover for Third Party Liability and Marine Property Damage.
- Limit of Liability:
- GBP 1,000,000 per vessel or location.
- GBP 5,000,000 any one accident in respect of Third Party Liability.
In addition, CHL insures against the following scenarios:
- General Average liability of ship owners. Any protracted and expensive legal costs are included as standard*
- Salvage Cover – if vessel suffers a breakdown, towage and/or salvage costs are covered.
- Removal of wreck – if the vessel sinks in water where it is legally required to be removed then the policy will cover this eventuality.
* Limit applies – agreed on a case by case basis.
Appropriate to provide indemnity for UK based commercial craft owners or operators and marine orientated businesses trading Inland and/or in the coastal waters of the UK and Ireland.
- Industry-recognised wording.
- Experienced team and well established involvement in writing marine business.
- Qualified and experienced underwriting personnel who can give same day service.
- Dedicated marine claims handling team based in Manchester.
- Excellent financial strength credit rating.
For more information about Target Market statements please visitmarine.
- To access key documents please log in.
All current documents
To access all current documents please log in.
We provide a dedicated claims management service providing help and assistance in progressing your claim.Claims contacts and services
Brokers have recognised our:
- Speed - we acknowledge claims quickly and give early indications of their validity.
- Efficiency - we provide a speedy service and quick settlement.
- Directness - we’re easy to understand and keep matters jargon-free.
- Close - brokers know the people in our claims team as individuals.
- Approach - we have a positive attitude to settlement.
Log in and save this page to your favourites.