Our 'all risks' Commercial Crime cover includes:
- Internal Crime - protection against theft, fraud or dishonesty by your employees
- External Crime - protection against theft, fraud or dishonesty by third parties (this cover is elective)
Automatic Cover Extensions include:
- Expenses (including investigation costs, legal defence costs, mitigation costs, reinstatement of data costs, reputational recovery costs and property damage expenses as defined)
- Care, custody & control and client loss
- Corporate identity fraud
- Discovery period (90 days)
- Acquisitions during the period of insurance (subject to size and loss experience threshold)
- Interest payable or receivable
- Court attendance and staff disruption costs
- Contractual penalties
- Business interruption costs
- Benefit schemes
- Malicious damage to data
- Impairment of money and securities
- Outsource service provider crime (not limited to administrative functions)
- Erroneous electronic transfer of money
- Recruitment costs
Our wide ranging cover is provided on a “loss discovered” basis incorporating:
- “Any One Claim ” limit of liability
- Excesses starting at £5,000 (dependent on risk & exposures)
- Large capacity – we can write up to £25m per risk
- Innocent non-disclosure clause
- No voluntary surrender or postal service exceptions
- ‘Major shareholders’ exception which allows cover to trigger in excess of their shareholding in the business
- Innovative new wording with cover extensions not offered by our competitors such as recruitment costs and erroneous transfer of money
- Unlike many of our competitors, we do not limit cover to loss of specified money, securities, property and funds. This is due to the fact that, if a direct financial loss is sustained and the loss cannot be linked to one of these defined terms, there can be a potential grey area in cover.
Broad appetite for Commercial Crime with target businesses being:
- Financially secure and committed to fraud risk management
- Medium to large commercial and charity sector risks
- Public Sector risks – Local Authorities, Police Authorities, Fire Authorities.
We will look at the following on a case by case basis:
- Excess layers
- Security firms and haulage risks
- Risks with a non-ferrous/precious metals exposure
- Betting offices and other gaming risks
- Telecom risks/facilities management
- Antique and fine art exposures.
- Guarantee Society, one of our legacy companies, was the first insurer to provide fidelity insurance, where we have been protecting businesses against fraud since 1840
- Aviva’s Global Corporate & Specialty team is comprised of experts that work to develop agile solutions tailored to our corporate clients and they adapt to changing business needs
- Our Commercial Crime solution is designed to provide comprehensive protection against both internal and external fraud exposures, protecting money, balances, stock, work in progress, equipment and machinery
- Our dedicated, tailor-made claims service ensures corporate clients and brokers get the right support from the right people, every step of the way
- You can count on us to deal with Global Corporate & Specialty claims efficiently, expertly and above all, fairly.
- Contact your regional trading hub
- Contact your Business Development Manager
- Management Liability
- Accident & Health
For more information about Target Market statements please visitcrime employee dishonesty.
- To access key documents please log in.
All current documents
To access all current documents please log in.
We provide a dedicated claims management service.Claims contacts and services
- Notify new claims by email, fax or post.
- Experienced and specialist handlers in London and Norwich.
Log in and save this page to your favourites.