Marine - Cargo
- Protection of goods while being shipped around the world and transported across the UK, either by road, rail, sea or air.
- Single trip cover available to cover one-off movements and also for private individuals requiring movement of their household goods and personal effects or motor vehicles.
- Any business or individual that is looking to protect their goods being moved within the UK or worldwide.
- These could include: exporters, wholesalers, importers, retailers, manufacturers, franchisors or franchisees and suppliers.
- We’re specialists in insuring cargo on behalf of goods owners with over 100 years experience.
- Flexible proactive claims handling, including a fast-track facility for claims up to £3,000.
- Easy-to-use claims envelope, where all documents are requested in one go.
- Additional covers available for exhibitions, engineers’ tools, representatives’ samples and storage.
Certificates of Insurance
In the course of your insured’s business they may require insurance certificates in order to satisfy a bank issue letter of credit, or to evidence insurance for their cargo shipments.
Aviva have launched a new Online Certificate Management System which will allow the client to create, amend, organise and issue their own certificates, as well as the production of premium invoices if their policy premium is on a declaration basis.
Please contact your local marine centre for details on how to receive access to this system. If you already have access, please select “Login” below.Loginto issue your own cargo certificates of insurance
Ask our underwriters about any of these products:
- Commercial Combined: Covers small to medium sized businesses looking to export their goods or import materials, or cover transits / intercompany movements within the UK. Available to quote and buy via Fast Trade.
- SSP – Shop and Salon: Shops covering their stock in transit.
- CCI – Commercial Combined (offline): Companies whose UK sendings exceed £1m or are looking to Import/Export.
For more information about Target Market statements please visitmarine.
- To access key documents please log in.
All current documents
To access all current documents please log in.
We provide a dedicated claims management service providing help and assistance in progressing your claim.Claims contacts and services
Brokers have recognised our:
- Speed - we acknowledge claims quickly and give early indications of their validity.
- Efficiency - we provide a speedy service and quick settlement.
- Directness - we’re easy to understand and keep matters jargon-free.
- Close - brokers know the people in our claims team as individuals.
- Approach - we have a positive attitude to settlement.
Log in and save this page to your favourites.