Aviva raises nearly £15,000 for the Insurance Day of Giving
Today there are 850,000 people suffering with dementia in the UK, with numbers set to rise to over 1 million by 2025. There’s no cure and only limited treatments are currently available.
On Thursday 7 November 2019, our industry once again united for Insurance United Against Dementia’s (IUAD) Insurance Day of Giving.
What did we get up to?
It was heart-warming to see so many of our staff get involved from across the Aviva sites, helping to raise £14,846 to support vital research into dementia. Some of the highlights were:
- Brian Kemp taking on the New York City Marathon, completing it in a time of 4:40:09.
- Karen Raby and team completing a 50-mile static-cycle ride.
- Catherine Brown hosting a Dementia Afternoon Tea event for friends and family.
- The team in Perth indulged in a long-running bake sale, finishing on the Day of Giving.
- Helen Chadwick took part in a Memory Walk
- Lots of teams also got involved with their own bake-sales, dress-down days and even a Pyjama Day from the Broker Marketing team in Norwich!
Alongside some of the team activities, Marble Hall in Norwich was transformed into a Dementia Support awareness day on 7 November. Representatives from Alzheimer’s Society, Age UK, Dementia Café, Day Care Centre and many others came along to provide support and information to both our staff and members of the public.
Not only was it fantastic to see so many of our people getting involved, it was also great to see so many of you taking part too – we were enjoying all of the activity being shared on the #IUADday hashtag.
What is Insurance United Against Dementia (IUAD)?
IUAD is a movement created by the Alzheimer’s Society – the UK’s leading dementia charity. Championed by leaders from across our industry, their goal is to raise £10 million to fund vital research to take on the 21st century’s biggest killer, as well as offering support for you and your colleagues if you’re one of the millions of people affected by dementia.
Information and support
For more information about IUAD, the Day of Giving and details of the support available for those affected by dementia, please visit the IUAD website.
You are all stars!!! Mandy Whiterose Insurance, Skipton.
Mandy Carberry 2019-11-21 12:17:24.163150 | Permalink
Post a comment
Please Log in to post a comment.
Log in to save this page to your favourites.