The benefits of having a LinkedIn profile
Article Publish Date: Friday 9 March 2018
If you have attended one of our Regional Roadshows you’ll have had the opportunity to have a professional photo taken by one of our Photographers to update your LinkedIn profile. So why is having a LinkedIn profile so valuable?
1. Prospects will research you - Increasingly, before people buy from you, even while they are on the phone to you, they'll be checking your profile online - so it's important that it presents you as credible, experienced and knowledgeable. People prefer to buy from specialists - and LinkedIn is one of the best ways to promote your expertise.
2. It helps to cement your relationship and encourages client loyalty - Whenever you do business with someone, follow up by connecting with them on LinkedIn; it helps to establish the relationship. Say something positive such as, "It was great to talk to you and thanks for choosing us. Please contact me on my mobile if I can help any further."
3. The endorsements and recommendations will bring in more business - If you work with somebody and they enjoy doing business with you, ask for a recommendation (which you should reciprocate). These endorsements build your reputation as an expert (so also publish them on your website). Everyone prefers to buy from experts.
4. It helps to generate many more referrals - Get your client's permission to contact their connections and to mention their name. Ideally also get an endorsement or testimonial to support your sales message.
Important things to consider when creating your LinkedIn profile - As you construct your profile, remember that you are producing an advertisement, except in this instance you are the product. You are also trying to get your profile listed at the top of local Google insurance broker rankings.
Some key points to remember:
- Don't copy and paste your cv into your LinkedIn profile.
- The headline of your advertisement is your profile table.
- Your photograph needs to be warm and engaging.
- Try to include your local town or city in your profile title.
- Your summary must substantiate claims in your profile title.
- Connect with clients.
- Invest time in getting endorsements.
Remember to complete and optimise your profile (and keep it updated). It's not difficult to do and will be a very good use of your time.
Join our Broker Marketing Community
This is just one example of the content that our Broker Marketing Community receive straight into their mailbox. If you’re interested in Marketing or would like to upskill your knowledge, then why not join our Broker Marketing Community for free! Find out more about the Community here.
Post a comment
Please Log in to post a comment.
Log in to save this page to your favourites.