Special gifts and presents
Article Publish Date: Tuesday 6 February 2018
It’s February and romance is in the air! St Valentine’s Day is often deemed to be the perfect time to splash out on a treat for your nearest and dearest.
When we can, it’s nice to take the time to find something special for that special someone. Some gifts may be extremely valuable, rare, or even irreplaceable. But floods, fires, thefts and accidents do happen, so it's important to make sure you have the right protection in place.
What advice could you give to help your Aviva Private Clients protect their precious items?
- Check your insurance policy is suitable to cover any significant new purchases - it's best to have the widest possible cover available to have all risks covered.
- Don’t put all your precious items in one place - this way you’re unlikely to lose everything if the worst should happen.
- Let your insurance company know what you have - specify rare or valuable items and make sure they’re listed on the policy.
- Take photos or even videos of your items, showing as much detail as possible - keep these photos and any documents somewhere safe.
- Consider using a fire safe to protect your precious items.
- Get your items valued regularly - prices and markets change depending on how popular things are at any given time. By having your items valued at least every three years, you can make sure everything is adequately insured.
- Through Aviva Private Clients you can access valuations with preferential rates through our preferred supplier Quastels.
Have a look at our Aviva Private Clients Risk Management Bulletin for more information about protecting the things your client loves. Plus you can have a dual-branded template – visit Broker Create today.
Post a comment
Please Log in to post a comment.
Log in to save this page to your favourites.