Aviva Private Clients – preparing for winter weather
Article publish date: Wednesday 8 November 2017
As we head towards winter, are your Aviva Private Clients prepared for an enjoyable, safe and secure festive season? What should they do to keep both their homes and vehicles safe?
Cold weather can be a challenge for owners of older and larger properties.
- Steps should be taken to make sure that water pipes don’t freeze – especially outdoor pipes. All pipes should be insulated and if any external pipes aren’t used in the winter, their water supply should be switched off to reduce the risk of them cracking or bursting.
- Make sure that all roofs are watertight and weatherproof in the main home, garages and outbuildings.
- Items such as garden furniture and trampolines should be put away into secure storage.
If your Aviva Private Clients are going away, they need to protect their property.
- Their home needs to be as secure as possible, with a suitable alarm system in place and activated.
- Trusted friends or family should regularly check on the property while they’re away.
- Heating boilers need to have been regularly serviced and kept on a low setting during extended periods of time away from the home.
- Check there aren’t any leaking radiators. If there are, they need to be fixed before they go away.
If Clients are going away from a while, make sure their policy covers them for the duration of their holiday.
Their precious vehicles need to remain safe and secure.
- If your clients don’t intend to drive a vehicle over the winter, they should secure it in a locked garage or an alternative secure facility, with the alarm activated.
- If the vehicle hasn’t been used for some time, checks should be made to ensure it’s mechanically sound, with an in-date MOT and insurance, before driving it again.
- In icy or snowy conditions your client needs suitable tyres or should use snow-chains. They should also reduce speed in adverse weather conditions.
- When out and about, if clients can’t park in a locked, secure facility, they should park in a well-lit area, ideally somewhere covered by a CCTV camera.
Aviva Private Clients Prospectus or contact your Aviva sales manager.
Broker Create to give you access to our high net worth marketing templates that you can personalise and brand as your own to prospect new clients and achieve cross-sales with existing ones.
Post a comment
Please Log in to post a comment.
Log in to save this page to your favourites.