Important information for Aviva Personal Lines customers who have booked with Monarch
Monarch have confirmed that the following companies have ceased trading and have now entered administration:
- Monarch Airlines Ltd
- Monarch Holidays Ltd (ATOL No. 2275)
- First Aviation Ltd (ATOL No. 4888) Previously trading as Monarch Airlines
- Avro Ltd (ATOL No. 1939)
- Somewhere2stay Ltd
If you have a booked with any of the above and are worried about your booking, please read the following:
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) have set up a dedicated website to provide Monarch customers with advice and assistance.
The Government has asked the CAA to coordinate flights back to the UK for any customers currently overseas. This will be at no additional cost to you.
- Where your booking is ATOL protected, the CAA will arrange for refunds to be made on all bookings as soon as possible, they will contact you directly with details of how to claim.
- If your booking is not ATOL protected, you will not be entitled to make a claim to the CAA for the costs incurred. Depending on your original payment method, you may be able to claim back some or all of the costs from your credit or debit card provider or PayPal – check with your provider in the first instance.
- Under the terms and conditions of Aviva’s Travel Insurance there is no cover under these circumstances.
However, for Personal Lines customers, we have agreed that if after they have taken the steps above they have not been able to recover their losses, they should call our claims teams who will try to assist them further. Our claims handlers will look at each individual case and may be able to offer an ex-gratia payment for unrecoverable costs.
If you have any customers who would like to make a claim they can contact us on:
- Personal Lines - 0800 015 1091
- Commercial Lines – 01243 621 359
Alternatively, for more information about any aspect of their travel insurance policy either visit our website or contact us on 0800 096 8104 (lines are open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday).
This is a developing situation and we will continue to monitor and update you with any further developments.
Post a comment
Please Log in to post a comment.
Log in to save this page to your favourites.