Preventing losses from Escape of Water on Construction Sites
An escape of water can be truly devastating to businesses. The number and severity of escape of water incidents have increased in recent years and are now the most likely cause of a loss on construction sites. How can Aviva help prevent such losses?
Did you know?
At Aviva escape of water claims are our highest frequency of incident and account for approximately a third of all claims by value.
An escape of water/fluid incident near to completion of a construction or fit-out project can result in significant disruption to the contract – resulting in delays and additional costs. There are a number of factors which are involved in such incidents including:
- inadequate risk assessment(s)
- insufficient awareness of potential problems at the design and installation stages
- sub-standard installation through to commissioning
- deficient training
- inadequate security and supervision
- lack of emergency response
- insufficient consideration of the impact of a leak
Escape of water/fluid can arise from issues with the following systems:
It’s important to make sure that you;
- allocate appropriate resources to the escape of water exposure
- identify and understand the potential problems
- implement procedures and controls to reduce or mitigate the risks.
For more information and a checklist to assess the potential exposure to escape of water incidents on your construction site have a look at our guidance today.
Post a comment
Please Log in to post a comment.
Log in to save this page to your favourites.