Top tips for safety on the slopes
An accident on the slopes is the most common reason for claiming on Winter Sports insurance. Even the most competent skiers and snowboarders can be involved in collisions or accidents.
So, what are our top tips for staying safe on the slopes
Our top tips for staying safe on the slopes
- Take out the right winter sports travel insurance package. Make sure your travel insurance suits your needs before you buy it and keep your travel insurance medical emergency helpline number and your policy number to hand.
- Make sure your skiing or boarding equipment, whether your own or hired, is in good order. It should fit your height, weight and skill level.
- Wear protective headgear or a helmet – we would advise to make wearing a helmet mandatory for your children.
- Take lessons if you've never skied before. If you haven't been on the Piste for a while, a lesson or two will polish up your skills.
- Remember that skiers or boarders in front or below you on the Piste have right of way.
- Know your limits - ski or snowboard to your skill level on the nursery slopes, the green (beginner), blue (intermediate), red (intermediate/advanced) or black (advanced) runs.
- Respect the mountain and make sure you obey all warning signs - especially during avalanche season.
- Never go off-piste unless you are authorised to do so by the resort. Under Aviva Travel Insurance, you’ll not be covered for off-piste skiing unless you’re accompanied by a qualified guide.
- Carry a fully charged mobile phone with you.
- Don’t drink and ski. Whilst a glass of wine or beer with your lunch is fine, excess alcohol will slow your reactions and affect your observation and balance.
- Remember to take an EHIC card. It still offers state-provided emergency medical treatment in EEA countries.
Set the highest standard of protection
Give your clients the assurance that their world is protected. Winter Sports cover is included as standard which is perfect for your clients who love to ski or snowboard.
Our Aviva Private Clients travel cover can be added to high net worth home policy and offers;
- Cover from the moment your clients leave home until they return for all their trips up to a maximum trip duration of 90 days.
- A 24-hour helpline with an experienced team on hand to help you with:
- worldwide medical emergencies and associated expenses covers up to £10million
- replacement of lost or stolen travel documents
- tracing lost or delayed luggage.
- A UK based Claims team.
- If your client does need to make a claim, we’ll deal with it quickly and fairly. We also aim to pay hospital fees direct so your client can receive the treatment required without having to worry about the payment of medical bills.
- Your clients are welcome to use our travel assistance helpline before and during their trip away.
- The cost of cancellation charges are covered up to £15,000.
Find out what Aviva Private Clients can offer your clients and discover more of the good thinking behind our enhanced High Net Worth offering.
Post a comment
Please Log in to post a comment.
Log in to save this page to your favourites.