Product enhancements to tackle underinsurance
It’s important to us that our commercial offering continues to give you and your clients the protection they deserve. That’s why in July we made significant changes to our online policies for Shop & Salon and Office & Surgery, and followed those up with Pub, Restaurant & Hotel, to help your clients avoid the threat of being underinsured should the worst happen.
Most SMEs only hope their insurance policy covers them sufficiently should their business suffer a loss. We want our SME customers to be confident that should the worst happen they have the right level of cover in place to continue trading.
Our enhanced commercial offering ensures your SME clients will benefit from the following, at no extra cost:
- A combined total sum insured for property - In the event of a theft, if the stock your client loses is greater than the stock sum insured, we’ll still pay up to the overall sum insured for that claim
- Increased overall property sum insured by 20% or to £25,000 if higher - If the flat above your client’s commercial property has a water leak, resulting in the cost to repair being higher than their declared sums insured they will get the benefit of the enhanced sums insured.
- Removal of average from the policies - If your client’s property suffers a fire, and their claim costs more than they’re insured for, we will still pay up to the overall Sum Insured, without making any reduction for underinsurance
- Increased business interruption cover and duration period - Giving your client more time and money to recover from a loss.
- Increased public and products liability cover - Providing further reassurance that your client has sufficient cover in place and added benefit when tendering for local government contracts.
We believe these enhancements will provide you and your clients the peace of mind they require to allow them to take care of business.
To get a quote, simply log-in to Fast Trade via the Aviva Broker website or for further information on our enhanced SME Commercial offering, please contact your Aviva sales manager.
Post a comment
Please Log in to post a comment.
Log in to save this page to your favourites.