Our self employed product
We’ve made exciting changes to our self employed product from 15 August 2016.
So, what’s changed?
Single article limits removed
- The £500 contractor’s tools and £2,500 business equipment single article limits have been removed. The sum insured can now represent a single item or several.
Tools overnight extension
- When contractor’s tools are insured the overnight extension is now our standard cover
Enhanced Business Interruptions limits
- Keeping in line with the policy enhancements to our Shop & Salon and Office & Surgery products, the Business Interruption inner limits for public utilities, telecommunications and property in transit have all been increased to £50,000.
Construction trades – Work outside the UK
- You’ve told us that our construction wording was restrictive particularly for clients based in Northern Ireland who cross the border to work in the Republic of Ireland. The work outside the UK clause has been amended to cover work within the Republic of Ireland as long as it doesn’t exceed 20% of the annual turnover.
15 metre height limit qualifying employee numbers
- Currently trades which request a 15 metre height limit require 6 or more employees in order to qualify. Following your feedback we’ve changed our underwriting approach and we’ll now provide 10 metre or 15 metre height options regardless of how many employees the business has.
New Trade Descriptions
- We’ve added 39 new trade descriptions – from cleaners of commercial premises to sign and poster maintenance contractors and timber treatment contractors.
Post a comment
Please Log in to post a comment.
Log in to save this page to your favourites.