August Marketplace update - Blocks of Flats can be complex
The buildings insurance market for blocks of flats is dominated by a small number of specialist brokers with bespoke wordings, designed to recognise the complex number of parties and their legal interaction. But would you know where to turn to for specialist advice?
For all hard to place risks, Marketplace provides you with a solution you can trust. For Blocks of Flats we feature Midway Insurance and their Elevations Express product. Based in Enfield they hold a 7% market share, as a direct result of their approach, expertise, and proven track record. As well as winning last years’ Insurance Times Award for Claims Innovation, they’ve also been Block Insurer of the year 5 times in the Property Management Awards.
If things go wrong in a block of flats, many parties can be affected so it’s important to know you’ve access to a friendly specialist who understands the technical elements and terminology, and can advise on the best course of action based on experience.
The Elevations Express product is competitively priced for purpose built blocks and conversions with concrete floors. It recognises that an owner occupied element will take greater care of the block overall as it forms part of their home - therefore offers much more than that of standard residential property wordings.
Key features include:
- Relaxed un-occupancy wording for individual flats
- Alternative accommodation and loss of rent (including to lessees) at 33% of the buildings sum insured.
- Indemnity to managing agents, lessees, management company and residents association
- Average free wording with ongoing index linking into the life of a claim
- No difficulty in managing conditions such as inspection of flat roofs, types of tenants and illegal cultivation of drugs
To find out more, or to view the range of trusted solutions available through Marketplace visit broker.aviva.co.uk/marketplace
If it’s hard to Place, go to Marketplace.
Post a comment
Please Log in to post a comment.
Log in to save this page to your favourites.