Enhanced commercial cover that takes care of business
It’s important to us that our commercial offering continues to give you and your clients the protection they deserve. That’s why we’re enhancing our SME policies to better match your clients’ expectations, giving them a level of cover that they can rely on – at no extra cost.
Based on your feedback we’ve started by updating our Shop & Salon and Office & Surgery products, and will continue across our commercial product range throughout the remainder of the year.
Most SMEs only hope their insurance policy covers them sufficiently should their business suffer a loss. We want our SME customers to be confident that should the worst happen they have the right level of cover in place to continue trading.
Our enhanced commercial offering ensures every last cycle in Greg’s shop is covered
We’ve introduced the following enhancements to our Shop & Salon product:
- We’ve combined the sums insured for stock and contents to create one overall property sum insured, so in the event of a theft at Greg’s shop, if the stock he loses is greater than his stock sum insured, we will pay up to the overall sum insured for that claim
- We’ve also increased the overall property sum insured by 20%, with a minimum of £25,000, so if during a new product launch Greg’s stock increases above what he originally told us and he suffers a break in, at least he knows he can claim for more, without any hassle or worry.
- We’ve removed average from the policy, so if a nearby river floods the street Greg’s shop is on, and his claim costs more than the insured for, we will still pay up to the overall sum insured, without making any reduction for underinsurance
- We’ve increased business interruption to 36 months, giving Greg the time and money to help recover from the flooding.
- We’ve increased public and products liability cover to £5m, so if Greg was to sell a new make of bike and subsequently finds a fault, he can be reassured that he has sufficient cover in place.
Our updated policy wording means Emily knows her office is safely covered
We’ve also introduced the following enhancements to our Office & Surgery product:
- We’ve combined the sums insured for computer equipment and contents to create one overall property sum insured, so in the event that Emily’s computer equipment is stolen, and the cost to replace it is more than she insured for, we will pay up to the overall sum insured for that claim
- We’ve also increased the overall property sum insured by 20%, with a minimum of £25,000, so if the flat above Emily’s office has a water leak, resulting in the cost to repair being higher than her declared sums insured she will get the benefit of the enhanced sums insured.
- We’ve removed average from the policy, so if Emily’s office suffers a fire, and her claim costs more than she insured for, we will still pay up to the overall Sum Insured, without making any reduction for underinsurance.
- We’ve increased business interruption to 18 months and proportionately increased sums insured, giving Emily’s business more time and money to recover from the effects of the fire and get back to business as usual as soon as possible.
- We’ve increased public and products liability cover to £5m, providing Emily with an increased level of cover which will be a benefit when tendering for local government contracts.
We believe these enhancements will provide you and your clients the peace of mind they require to allow them to take care of business.
To get a quote, simply log-in to Fast Trade via the Aviva Broker website or for further information on our enhanced SME Commercial offering contact your Aviva business development manager.
Post a comment
Please Log in to post a comment.
Log in to save this page to your favourites.