“Top Gear” meets “Pimp my Ride” – IT Pack finale event, 2013
Over the summer we toured the nation showcasing and inspiring young industry talent through our regional IT Pack events and August saw our finalists join us for the exciting finale challenge.
Over 50 young brokers attended the regional events, eight of whom made it through to the final. The lucky eight were:
• Nick Mowbray, Deputy Claims Manager, DE Ford Insurance Brokers limited
• Jack Seton, Commercial Account Executive, Swinton Commercial
• Caroline Hanson, Portfolio Management Development Executive, Marsh
• Gareth Cotton, Private Client Account Executive, La Playa
• Neil Mackey, Commercial Account Executive, Inspire Insurance Services Ltd
• Stevie Ridgley, Commercial Account Handler, Firth & Scott
• Matt Smith, Account Executive, T L Dallas & Co Ltd
• Roger Darkins, SME New Business Account Executive, Bruce Stevenson Insurance Brokers
The challenge itself remained a closely guarded secret until the finalists arrived on the morning of the event…where they were greeted by “The Stig”, who later revealed himself as our very own Head of Broker Performance Management and Marketing, Clark Ross.
After being transported to Silverstone Race track, our team of young brokers were briefed on their mission – to transform a car into a multi-purpose emergency vehicle and carry out a number of emergency rescue tasks whilst under the watchful eye of our panel of judges!
The judges, who were on the look out for great team work, good communication skills and ability to perform under pressure.
The winner of the “IT Pack Member of the Year” award was announced at the recent Insurance Times Awards ceremony and we are happy to say Stevie Ridgley walked away with the accolade as well as £1000 in high street shopping vouchers.
Well done to Stevie and the rest of the finalists and a big thank you to everyone who took part in the IT Pack initiative this year.
Post a comment
Please Log in to post a comment.
Log in to save this page to your favourites.