Ask us a question
What trades do we want to avoid?
We want to avoid trades which are exposed to recessionary, systemic and large losses or where the market does not support sustainable pricing. As a result, there remains no appetite to write SME risks for:-
- Chartered surveyors undertaking structural surveys or valuation work
- Solicitors, barristers and related legal services providers
- Accountancy firms providing specialist taxation advice or financial services or involved in corporate finance, administrations, insolvencies and receiverships
- Insurance intermediaries, Independent Financial Advisers, secondary intermediaries
- Architects, consulting engineers, quantity surveyors, specialist construction project managers.
- Any treatment risks including medical malpractice.
Note: While Aviva do not want to write SME risks in these sectors, some of these risk types may still be considered acceptable within the Corporate risks sector.
Rate this entry:
Log in and save this page to your favourites.