Help Centre

Ask us a question

Can policies be issued for motor vehicles which are registered overseas?

Sorry, no, we're not permitted to provide insurance cover on vehicles which are not registered in the UK. If the vehicle is being brought into the UK, in order for it to be driven from the foreign dealer to the ferry port, it's necessary for the vehicle to be temporarily registered in the country of purchase. As part of this registration process, the dealer should arrange for the provision of minimum compulsory EU insurance requirements when obtaining the transit plates (these are temporary plates issued in the country of sale/origin). This will effectively provide third-party only cover, to enable the customer to legitimately drive the vehicle to the ferry port and into the UK.

Rate this entry:

Rate this entry

Was this helpful to you?

Log in and save this page to your favourites.